Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
We at Christian Story Teller know that there are thousands of scams out here that have taken the heart and soul of many a good Christian author. Be assured that we DO NOT hitch our wagon to just anyone. We at CST WILL NOT give our approval to just anyone. When we state that they're a PREFERRED VENDER we mean it.
We believe in the authors, businesses and organizations that we feature on our Web site.
We at CST stand behind our picks for "Best Awards of the Year". The award winners are CST and we are a family of authors and we take care of our own.
There are lots of good publishers out there and we love hearing from those authors informing us about their personal relationships with their publishing company. We will NOT publish negative comments or provide a posting board for those who have had a bad experience with their publisher, agent or with the neighbor's dog. There are three sides in every dispute. Yours, theirs and God's. Go on with your dreams. Don't dwell on the bad, look for the good in the bad and learn to go on.
We do not subscribe to self appointed “defenders of the realm”. Those who think that they are the only authority for getting your book published or that they know ALL the scams and scammers out there. Some of those web-sites claim to be a professional author help sites but they're in fact just wolves in sheep's clothing.
We don't need people who think that they're needed to defend and protect all authors from others who would prey on them. Most of the negative web sites out there are just anonymous cyber bullies because they don't have to prove their facts.
Research indicates that the bloggers / owners / web masters who are involved do not have Good Christian Family Values and that they target the publishers and authors who do meet these standards. They do more harm then good. It is too easy to waste time, valuable writing & marketing time in responding to these types of people. We have someone who is there for us and He doesn't need help or a Web site to do so. Amen.
We DO NOT want to be remotely connected to these negative individuals, or their witch hunts and Web sites.
We are a network of authors for authors. We are willing to help, support and share our experiences. We are not willing to waste our precious time with sour negative "wannabes".
We are in this for the Glory of God. He will guide us and protect us.
For those other authors out there, we are here supporting them.... We are here to network with them. Providing them with other author's experiences and to provide a valuable source of information to help them succeed. There are other reliable trustful publishers, agents and agencies out there. Share with us at Christian Story Teller your personal journey into publishing. We welcome our all of our authors, Xulon, Authorhouse, PublishAmerica and others. Please look at their wonderful books and buy from them.
In God's Grace,
The staff at Christian Story Teller.
Facts about CST:
1. Christianstoryteller.com is a not-for-profit web site.
2. CST is authors for authors by authors.
3. Our mission is to provide Networking, support and education for all Authors.
4. We publish our own newsletter. The newsletter is free to anyone, just e-mail us at [email protected] and type subscribe in the subject line.
5. We provide support for authors in the form of problem solving, self-marketing tips and any general questions or concerns that effects an author, FREE of charge. Thru our web-site we research hundreds of questions about a variety of concerns. From questionable web-sites, scams, scammers and author blogs. We research the facts and report them back to our web-site and the author.
6. For those authors who wish to become members the fee is $35.00 per year. This fee provides the author with a personal web page. There is no limit on how many pages an author can have (at this time). We assist the author in designing a web-site that showcases their book(s), speaking services, talents etc. We provide support in placing a PayPal button on their page to facilitate quicker purchases from buyers.
7. We have a monthly advertising budget from which we Google our author’s web pages, their name and their personal web page (if they have one) in addition to ours. The author receives the benefits of our paid presence on the internet and our huge number of daily visitors that will not only visit us but jump to the listed links on each author’s page.
8. We advertise our web-site on TV, Bill Boards, Christian newspapers, the internet and various writer's magazines, to list a few. All for $35.00 a year.
9. We provide templates for marketing advertisements, ads, posters, press releases etc. FREE to our members! Just ask.
10. CST travels to conventions and book fairs all over the United States and over seas. We provide the service of taking author’s books with us to showcase and sell them. When an author’s book is sold at these events or through their CST web page all of the money goes directly to the author. 100%
11. CST sponsors the “Information is Power” self-marketing seminars, and “Life After Publishing” hosted by Leon Mentzer, author of:
AMEN, A Simple Guide To Self-Marketing Your Christian Book. The definitive resource self-marketing guide for authors who self-market their book and best selling self-marketing book on the market today.
12. CST provides one day self-marketing seminars all over the United States and over seas.
13. In Feb 2006, CST hosted the largest author’s book signing in the world, on a cruise ship, in the Caribbean Sea.
14. In addition CST sponsors the ONLY self-marketing author's seminar cruises. Check the web-site for up to date sailing schedules. What a way to mix business with pleasure!
15. CST has advertising space on it front page available to authors.
Non-members: $100.00 per month per spot.
Advertising in the newsletter:
16. CST does not provide private marketing services for authors and their books. We rather provide the media to advertise them and help the author to self-market them.
16. CST has been named one of the "BEST WEB-SITES FOR WRITERS, 2007 , 2008 & 2009" & 2010”.
17. We sponsor the "BEST of THE YEAR AWARDS". Authors submit their published book to our Board of Advisors for consideration. This is open to only those authors who are members. More information click here.
If you have any other questions, just e-mail us at: [email protected]
Blessings, from the staff at Christianstoryteller.com